High-temperature furnace for SiC and Si oxidation and Post Implantation Annealing
The centrotherm c.OXIDATOR high-temperature oxidation furnace has been developed for the special needs of SiC oxidation but can also be used for silicon oxidation. The high-volume furnace is available in two versions allowing wafer sizes up to 200 mm. Optionally c.OXIDATOR supports in-situ wet oxidation as well as H2 and NH3 annealing applications.
Temperatures up to 1500 °C and all other supported features open up a wide range of possibilities to SiC oxidation and the development of an oxide layer with low interface trap density (Dit) and high channel mobility.
The outstanding reactor has been designed for high performance, small footprint and low cost of ownership while offering highest process flexibility.
The tube and the heating element inside the vacuum reactor chamber are designed for a safe use of toxic and flammable gases like NO, N2O, H2 and NH3 in addition to N2, Ar, O2 und H2O .
Post-oxidation annealing (POA) in NO, N2O or NH3 atmosphere leads to improved SiO2/SiC interface and thus higher channel mobility as well as improved stability and longevity of the oxide on SiC.
Furthermore, H2 and H2O (O2-rich & H2-rich) are available for pre- and post-treatment of thermal and deposited gate oxides.
Due to the corrosion resistant design, chlorine provided by a DCE bubbler can also be safely used without long-term damage to the door seal and exhaust line. Chlorine can be used to clean the SiC process equipment as well as for the process itself.
Due to its vacuum capability, c.OXIDATOR can be excellently used in the development, optimization and production of high quality thermal gate oxides, as well as for a variety of pre- and post-treatments, which are also essential for deposited oxides.
- High-temperature SiC and Si oxidation
- POA (Post oxidation annealing) in NO and N2O
- Wet oxidation
- High-temperature H2 substrate pre-treatment
- Hydrox for wet oxidation
- Automated wafer handling system for 100 mm and 150 mm wafers
- Internal storage: 6 x 25 wafers (optional: 12 x 25 wafers)
Sales Semiconductor & Microelectronics
Tel. +49 7344 918 6794
Find us at
ECSCRMVinci International Convention Centre Tours, France
Features & Benefits
- High oxidation rate for thermal oxides on SiC
- High-temperature processing from 900 to 1500 °C
- Stable 2000 °C proven heating cassette
- High oxide quality
- Oxide nitridation with NO, N2O and NH3 possible
- O2- / H2-rich wet oxidation
- Safe H2/Ar and H2/N2 forming gas mixture
- In-situ DCE chlorine cleaning
- Small footprint (2.4 m2)
- All metal-free heaters and insulation
- Side-by-side installation possible
- Automated calibration
- Profiling thermocouple
Wafer sizes up to 200 mm