Leading-edge LP diffusion technology for solar cell production
c.DIFF is centrotherm‘s well-established and highly versatile diffusion platform for a stable emitter formation in high-performance solar cell processing. The reliable low-pressure system is deployed both in p-type and in n-type c-Si solar cell manufacturing.
Thanks to its broad and flexible process capability and performance, c.DIFF offers excellent and repeatable results regarding emitter homogeneity even at high sheet resistivities of 200 Ω/square. Unique advantages of the batch-type equipment are the flexibility towards varying production load and process sequence as well as the continued operation in case of single tube maintenance, shut-down or process optimization.
Depending on specific production requirements centrotherm provides various configurations, e.g. regarding operating pressure, capacity and automation level.
In addition to the established 5-tube version c.DIFF LP featuring maximum flexibility and multiple process capability, c.DIFF X has recently been launched to enhance production capacity. Equipped with 10 tubes and designed for wafer diameters up to 210 mm, c.DIFF X has particularly been developed for multi-GW producers of high-efficiency p-type solar cells.
- Low-pressure diffusion
- Atmospheric diffusion
- Silicon Carbide (SiC) process tubes and boat
- Connection to POCl3 Refill System
Tel. +49 7344 918 8900
Features & Benefits
Lowest Cost of Ownership
- Low media and energy consumption (up to 50% POCl3 and up to 75% BBr3 savings)
- Minimized total cost of ownership due to low footprint and facility heat load
- Advanced water cooling system prevents thermal interference between different tubes
- Fully automated boat handling for maximized tube utilization
- Independently operated process tubes provide redundancy and high availability
- Configuration adapted to production capacity (no. of tubes, back-to-back loading, degree of automation)
- Easy connection to MES or production control system
- Compatible with all common automation solutions
Processing of High-Efficiency Solar Cells
- Exceptional homogeneity at high sheet resistivities (250 Ω/square)
- Excellent diffusion results on both wafer sides (extended gettering effect improves material quality)
- Highest cleanness (gas phase diffusion without residues)
- Next generation diffusion process for advanced solar cell concepts, e.g. TopCon
- Rapid change of gas atmosphere allows to establish new diffusion recipes and to fine-tune emitter profiles
Wafer sizes up to 210 mm
Maximum process flexibility
Low total COO