Lab-scale continuous furnace for low-temperature fiber carbonization
In order to achieve low-temperature carbonization the stabilized fibers are heat treated in nitrogen atmosphere at temperatures ranging from 300 to 1150 °C. Therefore, the specially developed continuous furnace c.LT Carbon is equipped with six independently controllable heating zones. Combined with its predictive PID control the system provides excellent thermal accuracy and repeatability.
Ambient atmosphere is separated from process atmosphere by gas locks. Process gas atmosphere measurement ensures that the maximum oxygen content of 20 ppm is not exceeded. Any by-products of carbonization are removed via the integrated heated exhaust channel.
The system provides data storage for recipes and control-related parameters as well as an Ethernet interface for external PC or remote access. Furthermore, it includes automated data collection and analysis via user interface.
Sales High-Performance Fibers
Tel. +49 7344 918 6161
Features & Benefits
- Smooth fiber handling of tow sizes up to 50k
- Maximum oxygen content of 20 ppm
Precise temperature profiling
- Individual thermocouples for each heating zone
- Independent multi-zone temperature control
- Interface for heating channel profiling
- Water-cooled double-wall muffle for process gas feed-in
Integrated VOC and waste gas treatment
- Heated exhaust channel
- Condensate separation
- Differential pressure control